Our client’s technical team is on the hunt for a talented, dedicated, and passionate Sr. Unreal Programmer.
The main purpose of this role is the development of core systems and complex features of any given project. They are responsible for ensuring that the work delivered meets the required standards and can be properly integrated within the overall pipeline.
Senior developers are expected to be an example to more junior members of the team sharing their knowledge and experience so they may grow and learn.
- Work side by side with the tech team to develop, code/configure, and test features and systems according to project requirements.
- Assist more junior team members when needed providing insight based on experience and know-how.
- Provide solution options, and task estimates regarding effort and risks when required.
- Applies and promotes best practices in development, all the while following the standardized coding conventions.
- Lead the team in the absence of the Tech Lead.
- Serves as an active member of Nimble Giant helping to improve our engineering teams and foster collaboration amongst all departments.
- 5 years of professional experience within the game industry as a software engineer, with deep practical knowledge in game engine and systems development using C/C++ and Unreal.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine as well as the use of Blueprints.
- Worked on every stage of game development, from preproduction to launch with at least one game title shipped.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills with the utilization of solid software engineering practices.
- Experience developing complete subsystems that integrate with the overall project.
- Experience working with multiplayer systems.
- Extensive experience developing and testing in multiple environments (dev, prod and live).
- Experience developing games for PC.
- Experience achieving Performance and memory optimizations.
- Ability to work with Designers, QA, Artists and others in order to benefit the different workflows within each department.
- Strong time management and focus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Someone who can work independently and is an autonomous learner.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies such as Kanban and Scrum.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.