Our client is a well-known Japanese gaming company, one of the 10 largest gaming companies worldwide. We are partnering with them to spot a talented Principal Game Designer for a new IP (mobile).
We are seeking a highly creative, veteran Designer with a wealth of experience in F2P to explore and challenge new territory in the Mobile space. With the collective design team, you will define, maintain, and develop the creative vision of the studio as we drive the ideation of new innovative mobile games.
You will be joining our Senior Games team, responsible for some of the world’s top-grossing F2P Games. With this team, you will be prototyping innovative new F2P games from scratch, with the goal of providing an experience to players like no other has done before. As well as championing best design practices in the studio.
As we are in the early stages of development, your ability to prototype, define the right questions that the prototype must answer, and iterate with the rest of the development team is paramount. With this, you must be able to look at your ideas from an outside perspective, decide collectively when and why to kill a project and be ready to start the next one by incorporating new learnings.
- 8+ years of experience as a Game Designer (currently being Lead or Above), and at least 1 mobile F2P title launched/live
- XP in creating concepts and leading their execution
- A willingness to innovate and disrupt the market with new genres and experiences
- Clear & concise communicator of game concepts
- Hunger and passion for making and playing games; being curious and thinking critically about why some games do become global hits
- Extensive knowledge of the design process, having participated in all stages of game development, from prototype to live operations across several titles
- Able to facilitate and contribute to group ideation sessions, gather feedback, and define action points for future iterations
- An understanding of the constraints and challenges of designing from scratch mobile F2P games able to engage players for years
- Able to constructively critique ideas or designs from the team, whilst welcoming and integrating feedback on your own work
- A proactive and productive, self-management approach to Game development
- Programming skills (C#, Unity) would be a welcome addition, but not necessary for the role.
This position is based in Barcelona.