A new games company based in Saudi Arabia focused on publishing, developing & investing in high-quality, core mobile Free to Play and Play & Earn game experiences and studios across the world.
Aligned with Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030, Sandsoft is dedicated to the country’s socio-economic diversification by growing the regional video game industry and offering careers whilst creating fun and positive game experiences for players, with a special focus on the MENA region, whilst impacting worldwide.
Their seasoned team is composed of passionate game makers with vast experience in developing, publishing and leading highly successful AAA mobile, console and desktop games including FIFA, Candy Crush, Need for Speed, Angry Birds, World of Tanks and more!!
Through a passion for games, Sandsoft aims at bringing closer continents, cultures and people.
Their mission is To be the leading mobile-first games publisher & developer from the MENA region.
If you get excited by the thought of joining a highly experienced, fast-paced global team that is building the future, this role may be for you.
We are looking for an Investments Director to build and lead the investment activities at Sandsoft. You’ll be responsible for leading the investment strategy and managing the investment portfolio.
Your role will involve monitoring industry trends and market conditions, working closely with senior executives to identify and evaluate potential investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, negotiating investment terms & follow-up integrations, and managing portfolios across game genres and technology sectors. The role also involves managing the non-dilutive funding opportunities for Sandsoft in the countries of operations. You will report to the VP of Finance.
- Develop and execute Sandsoft’s tailored investments and acquisitions strategy, to leverage non-organic growth through products or teams that can accelerate our impact
- Develop, document, and execute investment processes, end to end – including research, evaluation, recommendation, due diligence, deal negotiations, and post-deal integration
- Monitor industry trends and market conditions to stay informed about potential investment opportunities
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in the gaming industry, including developers, publishers, and other investors. Nurture a network of partners to increase deal flow and improve execution speed and quality.
- Conduct in-depth research, assess financial data, and analyze market trends to identify potential investment opportunities
- Collaborate with senior executives to make investment decisions that align with company goals and objectives
- Present investment recommendations and updates to senior leadership and board members, in the form of minority stakes, majority stakes, JVs, and M&As
- Negotiate investment terms and agreements with potential partners
- Conduct due diligence processes financial, legal & operational (engineering, game design, product & teams)
- Build and execute integration plans
- Manage investment portfolios, monitor performance, and make adjustments as needed
- Investments assets’ revaluations
- Research and identify non-dilutive funding opportunities for Sandsoft such as grants, subsidies, tax credits, or loans. Prepare proposals, submit applications, follow-up
- Prepare other reports and participate in other special projects as requested
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard sensitive information.
- 8+ years of experience in investment management, with a strong track record of success and including 3+ years in leading the function
- 4+ years of experience in the mobile gaming industry, ideally F2P
- Experience with deal evaluation and financial modelling, with experience on multiple closed acquisitions. Lead on $25M+ invested
- Existing network in the games industry (developers, founders, and startups)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or a related field. Masters preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the mobile gaming industry and trends
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing financial data and making investment decisions
- Top-tier strategic thinker
- Strong negotiation and communication skills in multicultural environments
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Presentation wizard
- Tech-savvy and at ease with new technology usage and implementation
- Continuous learner aware of best practices and trends
- Autonomous, self-motivated & can-do attitude
- High energy, entrepreneurial mindset, and hands-on approach; and excited by high growth environments
- Passionate about gaming, with an understanding of different genres
- Project management skills & Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Perform under time constraints and meet deadlines
- At ease to present to top management with consolidation process and multi-international organization
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.