We’re partnering with a fast-growing online multiplayer open world and gaming platform with no-code game-making tools to spot a top-notch Gameplay Engineer.
The company develops an online multiplayer virtual world and gaming platform with no-code game-making tools built on the open web3 ecosystem. They believe in a world where making games and building experiences is available for everyone, on every platform, not only to professionals using complex tools on PCs; and where the economics are fair and support creators. Successful repeat entrepreneurs and top VCs found them.
A small and experienced team where every team member has a lot of responsibility and can influence both what we do (product) and how we do it (culture). You will own and drive high-level features from planning through design and implementation, be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle, and solve complex technical problems.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with designers, artists and product management to achieve desired gameplay experience on all platforms
- Own and drive high-level features from planning through implementation, be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle, and solve complex technical challenges
- Contribute with your own ideas on how to make the player experience better
- Support in building first-party content
- Contribute to strategic technology choices
- Iterate quickly without compromising quality
- Act on feedback from metrics and users
- Carry out code reviews to guarantee code quality
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- You have strong CS fundamentals and problem-solving skills and actively apply them in practice to solve problems
- You LOVE games
- You’re able to prioritize tasks and work independently
- You don’t guard information but share it openly with others
- You seek feedback from both users and your colleagues; You have a shipping mentality
- You constantly look for ways to improve yourself and develop your craft
- Knowledge of WebAssembly and WebGL is a plus
- BS/BA degree in computer science or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of Professional experience developing games
- Experience in Unity and/or Unreal
- Experience working with early, fast-iterating product teams is a big plus
This position is based in Berlin.