A new games company based in Saudi Arabia focused on publishing, developing & investing in high-quality, core mobile Free to Play and Play & Earn game experiences and studios across the world.
Aligned with Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030, Sandsoft is dedicated to the country’s socio-economic diversification by growing the regional video game industry and offering careers whilst creating fun and positive game experiences for players, with a special focus on the MENA region, whilst impacting worldwide.
Their seasoned team is composed of passionate game makers with vast experience in developing, publishing and leading highly successful AAA mobile, console and desktop games including FIFA, Candy Crush, Need for Speed, Angry Birds, World of Tanks and more!!
Through a passion for games, Sandsoft aims at bringing closer continents, cultures and people.
Their mission is to be the leading mobile-first games publisher & developer from the MENA region.
If you get excited by the thought of joining a highly experienced, fast-paced global team that is building the future, this role may be for you.
We are looking for a Chief Accountant to lead the Accounting, Treasury, and Taxes activities at Sandsoft. You will plan, direct and conduct the full accounting activities cycles, as well as manage the taxes and external audits.
You will have two direct reports and report to the VP of Finance.
• Strategize, document, improve and implement policies and SOPs to ensure necessary efficiency, controls and segregation of duties are in place and the group stays abreast of statutory changes
• Ensure permanent up-to-date and accurate accounting entries to maintain general and subsidiary ledgers (including accounts receivable, revenue distribution, fixed assets & depreciation, cost, and operating expenses)
• Ensure that all billing is generated in a timely manner as scheduled, reconciled and reported
• Manage cash flow by tracking transactions, regularly reviewing internal reports, preparing projections, and providing analysis and recommendations
• Ensure payments are timely processed, in line with company policies
• Optimize Treasury, ensure liquidity, set hedging solutions, and develop relationships with banking partners
• Ownership of month-end reporting from the trial balance, balance sheet and income statement reconciliations, and consolidation of all legal entities to production of the 3 statements (P/L, BS, CF) and comments on BS and CF variations (indirect method for CF)
• Manage the payroll process
• Collaborate with FP&A department for analysis
• Coordinates preparation of external audit materials
• Ensure tax compliance and recommend optimization solutions
• Manage Transfer Pricing documentation and participate in inter companies’ contracts strategy
• Implement relevant tools (incl. ERP) for the division to ensure data quality and reliability
• Manage team members
• Constantly look for optimization opportunities
• Ad-hoc requests pertaining to Accounting, Treasury and Taxes
• Prepare other reports and participate in other special projects as requested
• Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
• 10+ years minimum of experience, including 5+ years as Chief Accountant
• 3+ years of management
• Experienced in multi-country – multi entities accounting is mandatory
• Bachelor/Master’s degree
• Professional accounting certification (CPA, CA, CMA, etc.)
• At ease with SOPs creation and management
• IFRS expert
• Strong knowledge of transfer pricing
• Empathetic manager
• Tech-savvy and at ease with new technology usage and implementation
• Continuous learner, aware of best practices and trends
• Can-do attitude
• Passionate about gaming
• Know how to multitask and prioritize
• Perform under time constraints and meet deadlines.