We are partnering with a brand-new mobile studio in Barcelona to help them find a Business Data Scientist.
In this role within the Data & Analytics team, you will be specialized in Product and Marketing Analytics. You will drive measurement, analytics, and machine learning modelling initiatives supporting user acquisition, user retention, product design, and growth programs to help the company efficiently optimise its strategies, develop highly effective programs, and derive maximum revenue.
- Solve complex analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct analysis that includes problem formulation, data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations
- Design and analyze controlled experiments or counterfactual causal inference studies to examine the impact and development of game developments and marketing strategies
- Track and analyze player behaviour to provide insights that help align marketing, operations, product, and finance
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of the company’s data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where it’s needed
- Present performance, engagement insights and recommendations to the whole company
- Collaborate with the team to define and build new data infrastructure
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience
- At least 1 year of experience in Quantitative Marketing Data Science, Product Data Science, Quantitative Social Research, Risk Modeling, or similar
- Experience in SQL and one scripting / statistical programming language (ideally Python or R)
- Data visualization skills with at least one market-leading tool
- Experience in building, iterating and validating predictive models (classification, clustering, time series, etc.)
- Broad understanding of mobile gaming / video games industry and its core components, with a focus on monetization, product structure, user acquisition, user experience and user retention
- Knowledge of causal inference methods, with an emphasis on A/B testing
- Knowledge of RFM, LTV, attribution and churn models
- Cross-team collaboration skills
- Outstanding communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- A passion for what you do. We celebrate having curious, creative and skeptical minds in our team.