Sandsoft was formed by industry leaders from international video games publishers and local talents with the core ambition to help develop the gaming ecosystem across MENA, modernize the region and take MENA from an emerging market to a global market leader. Sandsoft has offices in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and China and also offers work-from-home opportunities. Sandsoft is looking for talented individuals who share the same drive and vision.
About Riyadh Studio:
At Sandsoft, we do things differently.
- Our Background. We are a new, dynamic games company based in Saudi Arabia focused on publishing, developing & investing in high quality, core mobile Free to Play and Play & Earn game experiences and studios across the world. Our seasoned team is composed of passionate game makers with vast experience in developing, publishing and leading some of the most highly successful game franchises ever released including FIFA, Candy Crush, Need for Speed, Angry Birds, World of Tanks and more. And we are backed by the resources of one of the largest, most successful and prestigious corporations in the Middle East (Ajlan &Bros).
- We Value Independence. We create the best possible, small teams we call ‘Tribes’ and give them the freedom and independence to work together in pursuit of creating the highest quality games with high reliability and competition at the heart of the experience. Each Tribe has the freedom to pursue this goal as they see fit. It’s up to them to decide what is best for Sandsoft and for our players.
- We Defer to Trust. We trust each other, even when we disagree. In this environment, you will work with your colleagues who will trust you to do what makes sense and give you the autonomy to do what is right for Sandsoft as only our game teams can make the decision to launch or shut down their project.
- Everyone is a Game Maker. Everybody in our development team is first and foremost, a Game Maker and you will be no different. We encourage our people to use their talents where they have the most impact. We ask and give feedback proactively to inform our decisions. So while you are a master of your own discipline, you are also a key stakeholder and your role and voice are critical when it comes to concepting and designing Games.
About the Role:
As Senior Game Artist, you are a generalist, you can and is willing to work on multiple different areas such as 2D concepts, in-game ready 3D assets, UI, VFX or Animation and more. Most importantly, we’re not looking for any kind of artists but Game Artists who love, live and breathe games. It’s an excellent opportunity to explore and push yourself as you’ll be surrounded by other developers who also love games and together, you’ll work to build worlds, characters and games to be loved and enjoyed by millions of players for years to come.
About the responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for setting the art direction for the games you work on with your games team. Developing the visual style, design and overall look of the game creating beautiful, engaging game characters, assets and environments.
- Developing visual concepts & ideas, as well as just generally creating 3D, 2D, VFX and/or UI art for Mobile games.
- Crafting distinctive art style guides to set the long-term visual direction for the project, as well as working as a hands-on artist, helping shape our prototypes.
- Defining, implementing, and maintaining our content creation pipeline, ensuring efficient asset integration in Unity and optimal game performance.
- Working with our team, you will be creating tools, automating workflows, and providing best practices across Art and Development to deliver new Mobile F2P Titles.
- Assist potential outsourcers with authoring additional VFX and Animations by providing feedback and direction.
About the Requirements:
- 5+ years experience in Video Game Art, with at least 2 shipped F2P Titles.
- Experience as a Senior Artist/Art Director or equivalent role, from pre-pro through launch and live operations.
- Mastery of art fundamentals. Ability to create a variety of production-quality game art.
- Capability to independently create concept sketches and maybe even final renderings/tweaks and animations.
- Experience creating UI Assets and textures, modelling, or animation.
- Concept art creation and the ability to align the team on a unique vision.
- A strong interest in creating universes during ideation and prototyping is essential.
- Excellent Character and Environment design skills.
- Knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques.
- An understanding of 3D and Mobile Game Development requirements.
- Proficiency with 2D tools such as Photoshop and the Creative Suite.
- Experience with one relevant 3D software (Max, Maya, Blender).
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to make decisions based on both qualitative gut feel and quantitative reasoning.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a desire to be operationally hands-on.
- Ability to operate clearly in an ambiguous environment with a strong ability to influence.
- Passion for games, and desire to make the best games possible.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Creative mindset and ability to think outside the box.
- High level of written and oral communication skills in English
Please include a portfolio/work samples as part of your application that exhibit why you would be good for this role.