We are looking for an experienced and talented Game Designer who is self-motivated, goal-oriented and a strong team player to join a leading mobile studio in Barcelona. If you are someone who has a tremendous amount of innovative game concept ideas that you would like to work with a world-class team to develop, in a culture that emphasizes independence and learning, in the world’s largest gaming market, then this is a perfect role for you.
You take pride in your work and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality-focused games. We work in a dynamic and agile environment – meaning we don’t have long development cycles but instead we release new features, events and improvements to the game multiple times a year. We don’t have strict processes that we need to follow but instead, we create the process and deadlines independently as a team.
We offer you a chance to join a team of professionals, where we believe that talent feeds talent. We do not believe in bureaucracy, nor are there any solo artists at the company. We all work together to achieve the best results. All of us have a genuine chance to contribute to the final product. We believe in each other’s skills and value each other’s work. If these are values that you are passionate about, then you might just be the person we are looking for.
At the company, there are very few people with the title “Game Designer”. This is because most of the design decisions are made as a group effort. Everyone in the team is responsible for delivering the best possible experience. So, whether you’re an artist, programmer or community manager, you can contribute to the design.
While decisions are made like this, it’s still important to have someone who can lead and drive the overall vision and makes sure that every system in the game is tuned and plays well together with the rest. This person is the go-to whenever there is a question about a new feature, existing design or an event going on in the game.
Someone who is looking to have the opportunity to design from scratch and ultimately launch a global hit game that hundreds of millions of players will play.
- Deep experience in game design/systems and balancing game economies, including lead or senior design experience on a shipped product.
- Extensive ideas of new game prototypes, have completely owned the design of early game concepts to full global game launch.
- Ability to think logically with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong & concise communicator of game concepts.
- Hunger and passion for making and playing games; being curious and thinking critically about why games succeed and fail.
- Open and flexible enough to receive & adjust design choices upon valid feedback, but strong enough to back your own ideas & opinions.
- Programming skills (C++, Unity) are a plus but not mandatory; ability to think with the precision of an engineer and creativity of an artist is highly desired.