We are currently looking for an experienced and empowering Game Lead to join a growing mobile studio. You will make sure the development of the game runs smoothly and that the team can do their best work. You will remove blocks, manage external suppliers if needed and represent the team within the rest of the company. This role is perfect for a versatile self-starter who understands the concept of servant leadership.
You take pride in your work and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality-focused games. The company works in a dynamic and agile environment – meaning they don’t have long development cycles but instead, they release new features, events and improvements to the game multiple times a year. They don’t have strict processes that they need to follow but instead, they create the process and deadlines independently as a team.
The company offers you a chance to join a team of professionals, where they believe that talent feeds talent. They do not believe in bureaucracy, nor are there any solo artists. They all work together to achieve the best results. They all have a genuine chance to contribute to the final product. They believe in each other’s skills and value each other’s work. If these are values that you are passionate about, then you might just be the person we are looking for.
At the company, they make game-related decisions as a group effort. Everyone in the team is responsible for delivering the best possible experience. So, whether you’re an artist, engineer, producer or community manager, you can contribute to the development.
While decisions are made like this, it’s still important to have someone who can lead and drive the overall development and makes sure that everyone is tuned and plays well together with the rest.
- Experience in a Product Manager, QA, Producer, Games Designer or similar role within games;
- Free to play experience is essential;
- Strong stakeholder management and communications skills;
- Skilled in engaging with interdisciplinary teams (Development, Marketing, Analytics, Creative);
- Deep knowledge of industry trends, design paradigms, business models and go to market approaches;
- Comfortable with taking ownership and accountability, a self-starter;
- Exceptional team player. Able to partner with and influence creative and technical talent alike;
- Flexible working style. Agility in tackling both detailed problems and higher-level product strategy;
- Passion for creating innovative, fun, and compelling games;
- General knowledge of Japanese animes would be appreciated.